A Day with the Oregon Supreme Court and Oregon Court of Appeals
614 SW 11th Avenue
Portland Oregon 97205
Friday, May 19, 2017
8:30 am to 4:30 p.m.
Includes light breakfast items, coffee/tea, and full lunch with the judges
This popular all-day CLE is back! Now sponsored by the Appellate Section, this CLE will feature judges from BOTH appellate courts. Register early! Early registration prices available through March 31.
The CLE will cover the following topics:
· State of the Oregon Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
· Life of an Appeal (Internal Practices of Both Courts)
· Preservation of Error and Plain Error Review
· Breakout Sessions on Important Recent Decisions (Criminal, Civil, Administrative)
· Brief Writing– Tips and Traps
· Oral Argument –Tips and Traps
· Motion Practice and Petitions for Fees
· Oregon Appellate Practice (Smaller Group Discussions – Divided by Appellate Experience Level & Full Group Q & A)
Credits: Approximately 7.0 CLE credits.
Registration: Click here to register. Price includes coffee/tea, breakfast items, and full buffet lunch. Please note tiered pricing applies only to early registration.
Early Registration – deadline March 31, 2017
· General $199
· New attorneys $139
· Legal Aid attorneys $89
· Judges and lawyer staff $49
Regular registration – April 1, 2017 and later
· General $239
· Judges $49
Scholarships: It is important to the Section that appellate attorneys practicing in different settings have an opportunity to attend our CLEs. As such, in addition to the tiered pricing above, we are offering a limited number of scholarships. To request a scholarship, please email [email protected] with your name, Bar number, and the reason for your request. Preference will be given to attorneys who actively practice appellate law. Scholarship requests must be received by March 31, 2017.
Questions? Email [email protected].