Chief Justice Martha Walters has entered CJO 20-036 directing that the Oregon Supreme Court, Oregon Court of Appeals, and Oregon Tax Court be partially closed on Friday, September 11, due to air quality issues in Salem.
The order provides in part:
1. This order applies to the described court operations in the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeals, the Tax Court, and OSCA, on September 11, 2020.
2. The courts are closed, within the meaning of ORS 1.060(3) and ORS 174.120(2), for the following purposes: staffing public counters, answering telephones, and filing documents. This closure has no impact to eFiling systems, remote access to case records, or issuance of decisions.
3. This order documents the effect that the partial closure described in paragraph 2 has on any statutory time limitation that applies to any filing on September 11, 2020, regardless of the manner of submission.
4. The following previously scheduled events shall proceed as planned, to be conducted via remote means, within the meaning of Chief Justice Order 20-016, paragraph 1.e.:
a. Court of Appeals oral arguments.
5. This order is not a court closure for employees of the Oregon Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, Tax Court, and OSCA who are authorized to work remotely.
The partial closing is posted on the OJD’s “2020 Fire Information and Court Operations” page: https://www.courts.oregon.gov/courts/Pages/2020FireInfo.aspx