Below the fold is the text of an emailed media release from Governor Brown appointing the Hon. Adrienne Nelson, Multnomah County, to the Supreme Court. The original media release, including additional hyperlinks, is available online at:
UPDATED: The application period is now closed.
Governor Brown will appoint Oregon Court of Appeals Judge Rebecca A. Duncan to the Oregon Supreme Court seat being vacated by the Hon. David V. Brewer. Judge Duncan’s seat on the Court of Appeals will be filled from the existing applicant pool for other positions on that court. More below the fold:
The Supreme Court’s media release is available here:
The full text of the media release is quoted below the fold:
The appointment of the Hon. Meagan A. Flynn to the seat on the Oregon Supreme Court that had been vacated by the retirement of the Hon. Richard C. Baldwin reminds yr. hmbl. crspndt. that he had failed to note in these pages Justice Baldwin’s retirement. In a belated correction of that oversight:
Justice Richard C. Baldwin retired from the Oregon Supreme Court effective March 31, 2017. He joined the Court in January 2013. He formerly served as a Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge from 2001 to 2012.
During his trial court tenure, his assignments included presiding over drug treatment courts and Multnomah County’s first Mental Health Court. His prior legal experience also includes:
* Law clerk to the Honorable Robert Foley, Oregon Court of Appeals (1975)
* Staff Attorney, Multnomah County Legal Aid (1976 – 1980)
* Trial Attorney, Baldwin & Brischetto (1983 – 1991)
* Director of Litigation, Multnomah County Legal Aid (1991 – 1995)
* Executive Director, Oregon Law Center (1996 – 2000)
Judge Baldwin has worked extensively with community nonprofits and civil rights organizations, including the Fair Housing Council of Oregon, the Oregon Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and Uniting to Understand Racism during his legal career. He served on the Oregon State Bar Board of Governors (1996 – 2000; Vice President, 2000), and the Oregon Judicial Department’s Access to Justice for All Committee (1998 – 2002; Chair, 2002).
Judge Baldwin grew up in San Jose, California, and graduated from San Jose State University (B.A., Philosophy, 1970). He received his Juris Doctorate from Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College (1975).
The Clackamas County Bar Association cordially invites its members, non-members, and guests to the 2014 Oregon Supreme Court and Court of Appeals Dinner!
20 Iron Mountain Blvd.
RSVP Deadline: October 22, 2014
- Roasted Beef Prime Rib
- Whole roasted beef boneless rib, hand carved, with an Oregon Pinot Noir sauce and creamy horseradish.
- Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi
- Fresh Hawaiian Mahi Mahi topped with crushed macadamia nuts and citrus beurre blanc.
- Wild Mushroom Strudel
- Mix of sautéed forest mushrooms, Chevre, Parmesan and aged Gouda cheeses, baked with fresh herbs and wrapped in Filo pastry with a Truffle cream sauce.
- Delectable Dessert – Seasonal Trio
Cost per person for CCBA members and guests: ……..$48.00